[Libs-Or] New book available: libraries & pop-culture

Katie Anderson anderson_katie at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Thu Oct 8 08:56:52 PDT 2009

*

The following new title is available  for interlibrary loan from the Oregon State Library. If you would like to  request this or other materials from the Oregon State Library please use  your library's established interlibrary loan process or send your  full name, the name of your library, complete title information, shipping  address, and a phone number to the document delivery department at library.request at state.or.us or  (fax) 503-588-7119.  Items will be  checked out to your library, not to you personally, for 4 weeks (print  materials) or 2 weeks (videos).  Materials will be delivered via mail or  Orbis Cascade Alliance Courier, and you may return them the same way.

Brookover, S. & Burns, E. (2008). Pop goes the library: Using pop culture to connect with your whole community. Medford, NJ: Information Today.

You loved the blog—now read the book! Whether you regularly follow entertainment and gossip news, or wondered “Corbin Who?” when you saw the recent ALA READ poster, Pop Goes the Library  will help you connect with your users and energize your staff. Pop  culture blogger-librarians Sophie Brookover and Elizabeth Burns define  what pop culture is (and isn’t) and share insights, tips, techniques, and success stories from all types of libraries. You’ll  discover practical strategies and ideas for incorporating the pop  culture passions of your users into collections, programs, and  services, plus a range of marketing and outreach ideas, technology  tools, and ready-to-go programs you can start using today. Here is an  eye-opening book that’s as much fun to read as it is to apply! (book  description)

     Be sure to check out our Library and  Information Science (LIS) blog (http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/)  to discover the most recent additions to our LIS collection and search our  catalog (http://oregon.gov/OSL/index.shtml)  for our complete holdings.

               katie.anderson at state.or.us, 503-378-2528