[Libs-Or] ALA sends letter to Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Committee in support of Federal Research Public Access Act

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 16:23:40 PDT 2009

ALA sends letter to Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs
Committee in support of Federal Research Public Access Act
<http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?p=3810> September 29th, 2009 |
Category: OGR <http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?cat=17>

As part of our ongoing efforts to champion open access, the ALA Washington
Office today submitted a
letter<http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ALA-Council-Resolution-FRPAA-9-29-091.pdf>to
members of the Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs
Committee,
voicing our support for the Federal Research Public Access Act of 2009 (S.
1373).  Specifically, the letter includes the resolution passed by the ALA
Council at the 2009 ALA Annual Conference held recently in Chicago.

This bill, introduced by Sens. Lieberman and Cornyn, would help ensure free,
timely online access to the published results of taxpayer-funded research
produced by 11 U.S. federal agencies and departments.

More information on this legislation can be found
here<http://www.ala.org/ala/issuesadvocacy/access/accesstoinformation/publiclyfundedresearch/s1373.cfm>
.

http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?p=3810

--