[Libs-Or] If you haven’t signed on yet….

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 16:26:06 PDT 2009

If you haven’t signed on yet….
<http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?p=3800> September 29th, 2009 |
Category: Government
Information<http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?cat=8>,
Grassroots Lobbying <http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?cat=20>,
OGR<http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?cat=17>

Tomorrow we will host an excellent opportunity to familiarize yourself with
the upcoming legislative activities on Capitol Hill. Join us for an
ALA Washington
Office <http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/offices/wo/index.cfm> Webinar where
Kristin Murphy (ALA Washington Office) and Stephanie Vance (Advocacy Guru),
offer insights in to the end of the year legislative madness in Washington,
DC over the next couple months. Although you’ve heard a great deal about
health care reform, be assured that Washington, DC is still abuzz with a
range of other issues, including
LSTA<http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/offices/wo/woissues/lsta/index.cfm>funding
and, of course, ongoing recovery act work. In this session we’ll
look at what the library community should be tracking in the next few
months, as well as how to be most effective in getting a message across in
this chaotic time.