[Libs-Or] [Fwd: [alacro-l] ALA Washington Office Webinar Announcement: Using the Media for Library Advocacy]

Suzanne Sager bvss at pdx.edu
Wed Apr 7 09:19:14 PDT 2010

FYI,

Suzanne L. Sager
Oregon ALA Chapter Councilor

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[alacro-l] ALA Washington Office Webinar Announcement: Using
the Media for Library Advocacy
Date: 	Tue, 6 Apr 2010 17:18:23 -0400
From: 	Don Wood <dwood at ala.org>
To: 	<alacro-l at ala.org>

*From:* Jacob Roberts [mailto:jroberts at alawash.org]
*Sent:* Friday, April 02, 2010 10:08 AM
*To:* jroberts at alawash.org
*Subject:* [District Dispatch] ALA Washington Office Webinar
Announcement: Using the Media for Library Advocacy

District Dispatch has posted a new item, 'ALA Washington Office Webinar
Announcement: Using the Media for Library Advocacy
<http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?p=4708>'

*Space is limited.*
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/717030010

The media can be a powerful ally in promoting your library’s
cause.  Join the ALA Washington Office for our top techniques for
utilizing the media for advocacy.  We’ll look at options for finding
media outlets, building relationships with reporters, identifying a hook
for news stories and becoming the “go to source” on library-related
issues.  We’ll also consider appropriate practices for the different
media venues, including print, TV, Radio and the Internet and provide
real world examples of each.  Come prepared to tell your message to the
world through the media!

*Date:* Monday, April 19, 2010
*Time:* 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT

<https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/717030010>

You may view the latest post at
http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?p=4708

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new
updates are posted.
Best regards,
Jacob Roberts
jroberts at alawash.org