[Libs-Or] New WorldCat records policy--open for community review

John Helmer jhelmer at uoregon.edu
Wed Apr 7 09:19:33 PDT 2010

Colleagues,

OCLC has released a new draft records use policy for WorldCat and I'd
encourage you to have a look and provide feedback.
http://www.oclc.org/worldcat/catalog/policy/

Please also feel free to contact any of your OCLC Global Council
delegates and share your thoughts.  In this region there are three:

Susan Barnes Whyte (Linfield College), swhyte at linfield.edu
Pat French (Multnomah County Library), patricif at multcolib.org
John F. Helmer (Orbis Cascade Alliance), jhelmer at uoregon.edu

Global Council is meeting in mid-April to discuss this policy so please
post comments to the community forum, send e-mail to recorduse at oclc.org,
register to attend a webinar, and let your delegates know what you think!
John F. Helmer
Executive Director
Orbis Cascade Alliance

jhelmer at uoregon.edu
v: 541.346.1835 | f: 541.346.1968
1299 Univ. of Oregon, Eugene, Or. 97403-1299
www.orbiscascade.org | summit.orbiscascade.org