[Libs-Or] Scholarships?

Gilmont, Susan susan.gilmont at oregonstate.edu
Fri Feb 26 11:29:30 PST 2010

The Oregon Library Association's Support Staff Division is not a Friends group, but I can't let this opportunity go by without mentioning that SSD is currently offering nine scholarships for certification work, taking classes or attending conferences.  Requirements vary according to the awards, but most ask that awardees be OLA/SSD members (and it doesn't cost more at present than regular OLA membership to belong to SSD).  More information is available at:  http://www.olaweb.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=61763 .  Please remind your staff that we are here for them.

You are to be commended for considering this.  There is almost nothing out there, especially for folks who have to work while going to school, and have to limit the number of classes they take.

Susan Gilmont, Library Technician III
Guin Library, Hatfield Marine Science Ctr
Oregon State University
2030 S Marine Science Dr
Newport  OR  97365-5296

541-867-0162