[Libs-Or] E-Government services program at upcoming ALA Conference

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Thu Jun 17 12:14:22 PDT 2010

FYI, for those attending the ALA Conference ... I believe the toolkit will be published on the ALA web site soon after the conference. Feel free to contact me if you have questions, I have a draft copy of the toolkit that I can share privately.

Arlene Weible
Government Documents/
Technical Services Librarian
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St NE
Salem, OR 97301
Phone: 503-378-5020
Fax: 503-588-7119
Email: arlene.weible at state.or.us

"E-Government Services and a New Toolkit"
Saturday, June 26, 2010
10:30 a.m. - noon
Convention Center
Room 204 B/C

61 percent of libraries report providing access to government information is one of the most critical Internet services they provide.

The Committee on Legislation's E-Government Services Subcommittee's new e-government toolkit was created to assist librarians with addressing this growing trend.
Please join us for a panel discussion of E-Government services from the library and the government's point of view as we discuss what is currently happening in the realm of
E-Government and the possible ways for our toolkit to help.

The program's speakers include Nancy Fredricks, a Pasco County Florida Librarian; John Bertot with the University of Maryland; Richard Huffine with the U.S. Geological Survey; and Michelle Chronister representing the U.S. General Services Administration.