[Libs-Or] Register to attend Cataloging Efficiences that Make a Difference - live simulcast in Salem, OR

Kouretas,Daphne kouretad at oclc.org
Fri Oct 29 13:07:02 PDT 2010

OCLC Member Update

You are invited to attend a live webcast of
Cataloging Efficiencies that Make a Difference

November 9, 2010
10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Chemeketa Community College
Building 9, Room 112
4000 Lancaster Drive NE
Salem, OR 97309

Can't travel to Seattle to attend "Good Practices for Great Outcomes:
Cataloging Efficiencies that Make a Difference" at the University of
Washington? Then join our interactive simulcast at our host site,
Chemeketa Community College, to watch the webcast and share best
practices with colleagues in Oregon.

By attending our simulcast in-person event at Chemeketa Community
College, you will view our feature speakers as they present in Seattle
in real time. Rick Newell, Senior Training Coordinator, OCLC, will
provide the latest tips and tricks for cataloging efficiently. We'll
also feature speakers from our member community. Betsy Wilson, Dean of
University of Washington Libraries, will introduce the speakers, and a
panel of local librarians will highlight efficiencies and discuss
challenges at their libraries:

- Joseph Kiegel, Head, Monographic Services, University of Washington
Libraries

- Felicia Uhden, Manager, Technical Services, The Seattle Public Library

- Peggy Firman, Associate Director for Resource Management Services,
Collins Memorial Library, University of Puget Sound

The Seattle event will be simulcast exclusively at Chemeketa Community
College in Salem, OR. Lunch and refreshments will be provided at both
the Salem and Seattle locations.  After lunch, you'll have an
opportunity to share your cataloging challenges and solutions with your
Oregon colleagues.

This is a free event and open to all.  Seating is limited to 30 people,
so register today!

http://registration.oclc.org/reg/?pc=GoodPractices2010Nov9Oregon

Agenda:

10:30 - 10:45 Welcome and Introductions, Betsy Wilson, Dean, University
of Washington Libraries, and Daphne Kouretas, Member Services
Consultant, OCLC

10:45 - 11:30 Cataloging Effectively and Efficiently, Rick Newell,
Senior Training Coordinator, OCLC

11:30 - 12:30 Panel Discussion: Joseph Kiegel, Head, Monographic
Services, University of Washington Libraries; Felicia Uhden, Manager,
Technical Services, The Seattle Public Library; Peggy Firman, Associate
Director for Resource Management Services, University of Puget Sound.
Moderator: Steven Shadle, Serials Access Librarian, University of
Washington Libraries.

12:30 - 1:15 Lunch

1:15 - 2:15 Roundtable Discussion

2.15 - 2.30 Summary and Close

For directions, please visit Chemeketa Community College's website at
http://www.chemeketa.edu/earncertdegree/communitylocations/salem.

For more information, please contact RJ Pettersen at pettersr at oclc.org.

Thanks!

Daphne Kouretas