[Libs-Or] You're Invited to the 2nd Portland Area Archivists Student Mixer

Hansen, Mary Mary.Hansen at portlandoregon.gov
Thu Aug 18 09:24:06 PDT 2011

Greetings!

The first Student Mixer was such a success that we're going to do it again!  Please join us for the opportunity to meet up with students in your own cohort and with students attending other programs.  It's never too early to start networking with your contemporaries and future colleagues.  There will also be some actual working archivists in attendance, so you can work on your job-seeking, mentor-gathering schmoozing skills, too.

The details:

What:  Student Mixer for students (and new professionals) interested in archives & records management

When: September 23, 2011

Time: 5:30-7 p.m.

Where: City of Portland Archives & Records Center
http://www.portlandonline.com/auditor/index.cfm?c=51811&a=276145

Light refreshments will be available.  If you would like to bring along some food to share, please feel free.  Our hopes are that you will come with the intent of leaving the mixer with new friends so you can continue to bond over a drink at one of the local venues downtown.

Please direct questions to Diana Banning - diana.banning at portlandoregon.gov or 503-865-4110

See you on September 23rd!

Mary B. Hansen
Assistant Archivist
City of Portland Archive & Records Center
503.865.4103
http://www.portlandoregon.gov/auditor/archives
twitter: @PDXArchives