[Libs-Or] First Book Burgerville Fundraiser, August 24th

Darren Heiber darrenh at lclark.edu
Thu Aug 18 12:31:57 PDT 2011

Help support First Book - Portland, OR (www.firstbook.org/portlandor), the
local arm of First Book (www.firstbook.org) - a national
non-profit dedicated to helping less fortunate children start their first
home libraries with new books.

We're hosting a fundraiser at the SE Powell Burgerville (3432 Southeast 25th
Ave, Portland) on Wednesday, August 24th from 5-8pm.  10% of all purchases
will be donated to First Book Portland to help establish grants for worthy
programs in the area.  In early 2011, we awarded grants totaling $5112
to Washington Counties Healthy Start~Healthy Families Collaboration, Mount
Hood Community College Early Head Start, and Adelente Mujeres.

Please come our to support this worthy cause and/or share our flyer (
http://goo.gl/PzNvg) with anyone who might be interested.

Thank you for your help!
Darren

Darren Heiber | Watzek Library Research & Instruction Librarian
503-768-7277 | darrenh at lclark.edu