[Libs-Or] State Librarian speaks at Tualatin Heritage Center

Abigail Elder AElder at ci.tualatin.or.us
Wed Aug 31 19:06:26 PDT 2011

You're invited!

"Not the Libraries We Used to Know"
Long-time Tualatin residents will remember a bookmobile parked in front of Tualatin K-Mart. As Tualatin Library approaches its 35th anniversary, Jim Scheppke, with 20 years as Oregon's State Librarian, will reveal how our state's love of libraries ranks us No. 2 in the nation for per capita circulation.  He will trace the history of libraries in our state, including the technology revolution that is changing what we find as users. Jim encourages public libraries to work to become the number one provider of early literacy services in their community.

Wednesday, September 7 at 1:00pm at the Tualatin Heritage Center. For information, please call 503.885.1926<tel:503.885.1926>.
Sponsored by the Tualatin Historical Society and the Friends of Tualatin Library

Abigail Elder, Library Manager
Community Services-- Library
18878 SW Martinazzi Ave
Tualatin, Oregon 97062
503.691.3066

DISCLAIMER: This email is a public record of the City of Tualatin and is subject to public disclosure unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law. This email is subject to the State Retention Schedule.