[Libs-Or] [Etude] Winter 2012 issue of Etude is available

Michael Werner mwerner1 at uoregon.edu
Thu Dec 1 14:30:27 PST 2011

The winter 2012 issue of

Etude: The Journal of Literary Nonfiction

is here

http://etude.uoregon.edu

In this issue…

ANDREA MURAD follows Jack “The Cadillac” Kolker from Wall Street to
the boxing ring.

ISOLDE RAFTERY chronicles a day in the life of a Carmelite nun.

DEVIN FELIX immerses us in all things Sasquatch.

KIMBERLY BOWKER follows a wedding planner on her rounds.

BOBBIE WILLIS SOEBY and her class of high school journalists make a
newspaper the old fashioned way.

In LISTEN UP, our audio feature, digital media strategic JENNIFER
MIRKSY talks about the future of multi-media journalism.

In WIDE ANGLE, our multi-media feature, LEA ARTZ and JEREMY CABALONA
capture the beauty and power of Bharatanatyam, a dance form of
southern India.

Plus…

Media consultant and Newsonomics author KEN DOCTOR talks to Michael
Werner about the future of publishing.

CATHERINE RYAN goes back to the land with four farmer-authors.

LAUREN KESSLER embraces the New (media) World Order.

Our thoughtful reviewers offer insight on new works of narrative
nonfiction, from the Amazon to the Yukon.

Etude is published quarterly by the Literary Nonfiction program at the
University of Oregon’s School of Journalism and Communication.

As always, we encourage and invite your comments.  Use the “contact
us” link on the magazine’s website.  Enjoy all our back issues,
archived at our site.

---
Associate Editor, Etude: The Journal of Literary Nonfiction
http://etude.uoregon.edu
1275 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1275