[Libs-Or] Impact of 4-day school week?

Ellen Thompson ethompson at cclsd.org
Fri Jul 1 13:59:16 PDT 2011

Hello,

Has anyone whose schools are going to a 4-day week been
planning for an influx of youth in their library? Paying for extra
childcare will probably be a hardship for many families, so we
anticipate more kids than usual. This could be a great opportunity for a
variety of programs and/or outreach activities. Our limited staff
resources are already stretched, so I'm not really sure what or how much
we can do. I would love to hear ideas from any of you! Thanks.
--

Ellen Thompson, Assistant Library Director
Coos Bay Public