[Libs-Or] Author Elizabeth Berg to speak

BJ Toewe bjtoewe at cityofsalem.net
Thu Mar 24 09:23:54 PDT 2011

Plan to stay in Salem Friday evening following the OLA conference to
hear New York Times bestselling author Elizabeth Berg, who will be
speaking at Salem Public Library on Friday, April 8 at 7 p.m.  This
event will help to launch Ms. Berg's newest book, Once Upon a Time,
There Was You, due for release on April 5.
Ms. Berg is the author of many bestselling novels as well as two works
of nonfiction. Open House was an Oprah’s Book Club selection, Durable
Goods and Joy School were selected as ALA Best Books of the Year. Talk
Before Sleep was short-listed for an Abby Award. Her bestsellers also
include The Year of Pleasures, The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted, and
Dream When You’re Feeling Blue. Once Upon a Time, There Was You
and other books by Elizabeth Berg will be available for purchase at the
event.
Tickets: $5 in advance/$7 at the door, on sale now at all Library
Circulation Desks.  More information is available from the
Information/Reference Desk at 503-588-6052.