[Libs-Or] Registration for the 2011 OLA Conference ends April 1

Suzanne Sager bvss at pdx.edu
Thu Mar 24 10:47:36 PDT 2011

2011 OLA Conference

Registration for the 2011 OLA Conference ends April 1! Don't miss out on
this opportunity to network and attend a variety of great programs. This
years conference will be at the Salem Conference Center (200 Commercial
Street SE, Salem, OR). You can register online with a credit card or by
check. Once you have completed your registration form and have chosen a
payment option, you will receive a confirmation page. If paying by
check, please include a copy of the confirmation page with your check
and mail it to the address noted on the page.

Information and forms are available on the OLA website:
http://www.olaweb.org/page/ola2011 While there, be sure to check out
this year's preconferences!

There’s still time to register for either one or both of the banquets at
this year's conference! The Public Library Division Annual Banquet on
Wednesday night is featuring Oregon’s own, Molly Raphael, ALA
President-elect! This is a great opportunity to hear Molly Raphael’s
take on what the future holds for libraries. Thursday night is the OLA
President’s annual Banquet featuring Dave Anderson, a nationally touring
comedian. If you have already registered for the conference, you can use
the meals only registration to register for these two meals. The
registration page is at:
http://www.olaweb.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=85114&orgId=ola
<http://www.olaweb.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=85114&orgId=ola>.

Thursday, April 6, 2011

Public Library Division Banquet-Libraries: Essential for Learning,
Essential for Life

Presented by Molly Raphael, ALA President-elect, 2010-11

Libraries have had to change rapidly, particularly over the past two
decades, in order to survive. As a result of the current economic
conditions, we are witnessing even greater threats to our futures than
we have ever experienced before. How can we position our libraries not
just to survive but to thrive as we serve our diverse communities? What
difficult choices will we have to make in the next few years to ensure
that our value remains high for those we serve, no matter the type of
library? Where and how can we find opportunities to move our libraries
to a place where they are seen as essential for the future of the
communities?

Thursday, April 7, 2011

OLA President’s Banquet

A nationally touring comedian, Dave Anderson has performed at the
country’s premier comedy clubs, including the world famous Improv in Los
Angeles. He has appeared on numerous television shows such as “Star
Search,”Showtime’s “Commedy Club Network,” and “An Evening at the
Improv.” His comedy is heard around the world on Sirius and XM satellite
radio.

Most recently Dave was a contributing writer for the “Tonight Show with
Jay Leno.” He is currently co-host of the highly rated “Mark and Dave
Show” on 1190 KEX in Portland and host of the long running morning
television talk show “AM Northwest” on KATU TV.

Dave’s unique ability to blend clean, intelligent material with audience
interaction has made him a favorite at corporate events and college
campuses across America.

The audience plays a major role in Dave’s show. He has an amazing
ability to turn ordinary conversations into hilarious comedy routines
while remaining clean and inoffensive. The Oregonian dubbed him “The
quickest wit around.” The San Francisco Examiner said he was “relaxed,
likeable, and funny…” Willamette Week said, “he adlibs better than most
comedians write.” Because of his quick wit and audience rapport, no two
shows are ever exactly alike.

Key Dates Pre-conferences: April 6, 2011
Conference: April 7-8, 2011

We're looking forward to seeing you there!

Suzanne L. Sager
--
Portland State University logo

Suzanne L. Sager