[Libs-Or] You’re Invited to Jim’s Retirement Party

Jessica Rondema jessica.rondema at state.or.us
Fri Nov 4 08:20:51 PDT 2011

DRAFT 3

ANNOUNCEMENT…Honoring Jim Scheppke as he retires from the Oregon State Library

For the past 20 years, Jim Scheppke has persistently applied his skills and expertise to improve library services in Oregon as State Librarian. Earlier this year Jim announced his plans to retire from public service at the end of 2011. This created a new challenge – how to honor Jim for the incredible service he has provided to Oregonians?

Jim didn’t want a traditional retirement party. “Too many greenhouse gas emissions, not to mention unwanted calories,” he said. So instead we are having a Virtual Retirement Party – carbon neutral and heart healthy!

To celebrate, Jim wants all his colleagues and associates to post a good wish, photo or a memory to his blog. You can even ask Jim a question. Jim will reply to every post!

http://jimscheppkeretires.blogspot.com

On his blog page you will find a slideshow of his years at the State Library, his farewell speech to OLA, career highlights, and more. In lieu of gifts or flowers Jim hopes you will consider a donation in his honor to his favorite charity, our own Talking Book and Braille Services.<http://givetotbabs.org/>

It will mean a lot to Jim for you to send him a post. Enjoy the Jim Scheppke Virtual Retirement Party!

---Oregon State Library Staff

Jessica Rondema
Administrative Services Coordinator
Oregon State Library