[Libs-Or] FW: Libs-Or - Fast-track MLIS Program Designed for Library Leaders

Nicole Purviance nicole.purviance at sjsu.edu
Thu Nov 10 15:19:17 PST 2011

Sending on behalf of Ken Haycock .

MLIS degree programs can be very short (36 credits) or somewhat longer (48
credits). The San Jose program is 43 credits, which faculty and employers
believe is appropriate for a graduate professional degree with the
complexity of LIS. A shorter program is obviously shorter. The San Jose
accelerated program is accelerated for our longer and, we believe, more
appropriate length.
The Executive program was cancelled for 2011 and each applicant informed
months in advance, with an option of entering the regular program. If
someone was missed inadvertently, we do apologize. The program is being
completely revised with an employers' advisory council for a new cohort
beginning in Fall 2012.
In spite of its somewhat longer program and greater breadth, San Jose offers
excellent value for money when comparing fees for a program in its entirety.
I welcome any individual questions or inquiries.
Ken Haycock
Coordinator, Executive MLIS Program and
Center for Information Research and Innovation
San Jose State University
+1.778.689.5938
"It is not only what we do, but also what we do not do, for which we are
accountable." -Moliere
Connect on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kenhaycock2011
NOTICE: This material is intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed; further dissemination is strictly prohibited.