[Libs-Or] help survey spanish-speakers in oregon libraries

Caleb Tucker-Raymond calebt at multcolib.org
Fri Apr 13 12:15:53 PDT 2012

Hello,

L-net, Oregon's statewide reference service, and Multnomah County Library
have launched a study of how Spanish-language speakers in Oregon use cell
phones and the internet. The results of this project will be used to expand
the ways in which information and library services are provided to the
Latino community.

We have been conducting focus groups in three communities and are launching
a survey online and on paper. *We need your help distributing the
survey*so that we can be sure that your community is represented.

Read (a tiny bit) more about the project at http://diganos.wordpress.com,
or come to our presentation of preliminary results at the Oregon Library
Association conference in Bend, April 27th, 2pm-4pm.

Are you hosting an event soon for your Latino community, perhaps for El día
de los niños/El día de los libros (http://dia.ala.org)? It would be an
excellent opportunity to get the word out.

Online survey:

You can link to our online surveys, in English and Spanish from your
library website, and share it with your local community groups.

Spanish - http://www.oregonlibraries.net/lo/es
English - http://www.oregonlibraries.net/lo/en

Paper survey:

Reply to calebt at multco.us with the name of your library and how many copies
of the bilingual paper survey you'd like. We can send surveys by courier or
by US mail. If you have an event soon, tell us the date and we'll be sure
to get you the surveys in time.

We would like paper surveys returned by Monday, May 7th.

Thank you! We really appreciate your help. Including your community will
help make our study more thorough and complete.
Caleb Tucker-Raymond

Statewide Reference Service Coordinator
Multnomah County Library
(503) 988-5438