[Libs-Or] FREE Oregon Book Award finalist bookmarks available online to print
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Apr 17 12:07:15 PDT 2012
As you know, the 2012 Oregon Book Awards finalists<http://www.literary-arts.org/oba-home/book-awards/current-finalists/> have been announced and the winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony on April 23rd<http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/219351>. This year for the first time, Literary Arts is making the template for their Oregon Book Awards finalists' bookmarks available to all libraries to download and print. To print these bookmarks:
1. Go to http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/aboutcenter.shtml
2. Scroll down to '5. Oregon Book Awards'
a. There you will see four links that will take you to .PDF documents that are the templates to the bookmarks. Each template is a single-sided document. There are 3 different genre specific templates you can choose from for the front side of the bookmarks and there is 1 template that should be printed as the back side of all 3 front sides. This second-side template has general information about the Oregon Book Awards.
3. Click on each bookmark link to open that template and print!
Here are some other ideas for promoting the Oregon Book Awards:
* Purchase or request donations of the Oregon Book Awards finalists' books to be added to your circulating collection.
* Link from your website to the Literary Arts website to announce the Oregon Book Awards finalists (http://www.literary-arts.org/oba-home/book-awards/current-finalists/).
* Conduct a Mock Oregon Book Awards workshop.
* Host an Oregon Book Awards book club.
* Contract with one of the authors to present a lecture or event.
PS: Please let me know if your library uses these bookmarks and how they are received by your patrons. I will share your feedback with Literary Arts so they can determine whether or not to do this again.
If the hyperlinks don't work, try copying and pasting these URLs into your browser:
* Info and tickets for the Awards Ceremony: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/219351
* List of the 2012 finalists: http://www.literary-arts.org/oba-home/book-awards/current-finalists/
* Download and print the 2012 bookmarks: http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/aboutcenter.shtml
Katie Anderson, Library Development Services
* Youth Services Consultant * Oregon Center for the Book Coordinator *
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>, 503-378-2528
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or