[Libs-Or] 2012 Virtual Reference Summit Program Details -- Check it Out!

Sara Kelso sara.kelso at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 17 07:37:46 PDT 2012

Still haven’t registered for the 2012 Virtual Reference Summit?  Join us at the Salishan Inn on the beautiful Oregon coast for engaging and informative discussions, fun social events, an amazing keynote speaker, a mystery panel, and more!  Our esteemed keynote speaker, Joseph Janes will be asking us, “What is Reference Good For?”  Meredith Farkas will be telling us about how to get reference to the patron both inside and outside the library in “Going Where the User Is – Embedding Virtual Reference Instruction at the User’s Point of Need.”  What about those tough questions we all get?  What are the “right” answers?  We’ll talk about handling those difficult topics!  Interested in knowing more about the legal aspects of sharing information online?  What about answering questions with FREE web resources?  In addition to these thrilling discussions, we’ll have an array of interesting lightning talks, and a mystery panel at the end of the day too!  With all this action, how can you possibly resist?  But wait, there’s more!  Join us Thursday, May 24th, around 7:00pm at Salishan’s Attic Lounge for a fun trivia warm-up!  (21 and over welcome).  Check out the program details here: http://www.oregonlibraries.net/summit/2012/program Register NOW!  Don’t forget to book a hotel room for your stay.  Special conference rates still available through April 27th.  Be there or be square!