[Libs-Or] Grants to Nonprofit Organizations for Public Humanities Programs

Annie (Dubinsky) Kaffen a.kaffen at oregonhumanities.org
Wed Aug 15 12:18:07 PDT 2012

Oregon Humanities is pleased to announce the guidelines for 2013 Public Program Grants. Oregon Humanities believes that the humanities help build healthy communities where citizens think, learn, and talk together about important ideas. Our grants support humanities-based programs that are open to the general public and that help to create informed, engaged communities in Oregon. We are particularly interested in public programs that bring together diverse groups of Oregonians and reflect collaboration between organizations within a community. We welcome applications from nonprofits across the state, including those organizations that may not define their mission specifically through the disciplines of the humanities.

Last year, Oregon Humanities Public Program Grants funded programs that brought together returning veterans and civilians to better understand life after war, engaged rural Oregonians in discussions about the history of local social movements, explored the connections between classic Greek mythology and gang violence in today’s society, and sent Oregon Book Award finalists and winners to read at libraries and community centers across the state.

2013 Public Program Grants between $1,000 and $10,000 support humanities-based public programming beginning after April 1, 2013. Letter of Interest postmark deadline: October 31, 2012.

Please join Oregon Humanities grants staff for a webinar on writing strong letters of interest for Public Program Grants. Attending this webinar is not mandatory, but it is strongly encouraged. The webinar will take place on Thursday, September 20, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon. Register today by following this link:

https://oregonhumanities.webex.com/oregonhumanities/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=667114032

Grant guidelines are available for download at oregonhumanities.org.

If you have questions or would like to discuss a proposal idea, please contact Director of Programs Jennifer Allen at (503) 241-0543 or (800) 735-0543, ext. 118, or j.allen at oregonhumanities.org.