[Libs-Or] Temp cards and Job Corps Students

Thea Kuziemski bramblrose at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 12:14:12 PST 2012

Hello Libs-or
I am curious to get feedback on a current practice we have regarding Job
Corps students. Since they are not permanent residents of the area, we make
their library cards temporary. In Clackamas county, this means they may
only check out three things. This has worked quite well. However lately, it
seems to be the consensus that instead of contacting the student directly,
we should deal with the teacher in charge of the. This severely offends my
sense of duty as a library worker. There is no other case where we would
discuss the record of an adult patron with another party. It seems though,
my opinion is out numbered at my library. Anyone have thoughts on this
matter? I hope I was clear enough.

--
Best Wishes,
~Thea

"Where you can put your heart, your head will follow."