[Libs-Or] Temp cards and Job Corps Students

Bob Jones Bob.Jones at milton-freewater-or.gov
Thu Feb 2 12:28:44 PST 2012

Thea:

Who is responsible for the return of library materials, the student or the teacher?  That's who should be sent overdue notices.  If that is the student, and their notices are undeliverable, the person listed as a reference on their library card application should be contacted.  If the Job Corps is responsible, contact them.  If the host agency (school or business) is responsible, contact them.  A teacher should only be contacted if you have their signature on the library card application accepting that role.

My two cents worth after working in libraries for 35 years.

Bob Jones
Milton-Freewater Public Library