[Libs-Or] Fwd: [grassroots] Free Washington Office Webinar on Feb. 27

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 11:56:25 PST 2012

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ted Wegner <twegner at alawash.org>
Date: Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Subject: [grassroots] Free Washington Office Webinar on Feb. 27

Good afternoon,****

** **

I wanted to alert you all to our upcoming webinar (see below). Feel free to
share widely and direct questions my way. Thanks everyone!****

** **

** **

*The Legislative Process and You: How it Works and How to Make a Difference*
****

*Join us for a Webinar on February 27*****

[image: Description:
http://img.gotomeeting.com/g2mimages/webinar/themes/basic/button_registerNow.gif]<https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/434526034>
****

*Space is limited.*
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/434526034****

Anyone who remembers Schoolhouse Rock’s “How a Bill Becomes a Law” knows
that the process is long, arduous and frustrating.  That’s the bad
news.  The good news is that library advocates have opportunities to make a
difference at every step of the way.  In this webinar Stephanie Vance will
give you the insider secrets on using the legislative process to your
advantage.  She’ll show you how to be engaged at every point -- from
introduction and referral to conference committee -- as well as the key
things you should know about any legislative arena before diving
in.  Participants will come away from the session with a checklist and work
plan to implement these ideas right away – and make a positive difference
for libraries!****

** **

*Title:*****

*Date:*****

Monday, February 27, 2012****

*Time:*****

4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EST****

** **

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the Webinar.****

** **

*System Requirements*
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server****

Macintosh®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer****

****

** **

** **

Ted Wegner****

Grassroots Coordinator****

American Library Association****

Washington Office-Office of Government Relations****

1615 New Hampshire Avenue N.W., 1st Floor****

Washington, DC 20009-2520****

Phone: 202-628-8410****

Fax: 202-628-8419****

twegner at alawash.org****

** **

--
*Diedre Conkling**
Lincoln County Library District

 WAR IS OBSOLETE<http://www.facebook.com/pages/WAR-IS-OBSOLETE/297916183027>
Holding resentment is like eating poison and waiting for the other person
to keel over. - Unknown Author