[Libs-Or] Reminder: OLA/OASL Merger Information

rbhs.ola at hulshof-schmidt.net rbhs.ola at hulshof-schmidt.net
Wed Jan 4 08:38:58 PST 2012

Happy New Year Everyone!

I hope you all had a restful and happy holiday season. As most of you know, the Oregon Association of School Libraries (OASL) voted overwhelmingly to approve a merger with OLA at their annual meeting. The next step will be for OLA members to vote on the merger at our business meeting at the 2012 Conference in April. Your OLA Board wants to be sure that we present all the information that members may need before the vote.

To learn more about the  merger, visit [http://data.memberclicks.com/site/ola/OASL-OLA_Merger_Proposal_12_14_10.pdf] http://data.memberclicks.com/site/ola/OASL-OLA_Merger_Proposal_12_14_10.pdf .  Questions about the merger can be sent to Bob Schroeder at schroedr at pdx.edu. The next OLA Board meeting is on February 3 in Tigard. We'll be considering the questions and responses at that meeting so we can prepare for the vote.

Just as a reminder, the conference is April 25 - 27 at the Riverhouse Convention Center in Bend. More information and registration details coming soon! http://www.olaweb.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=129361

Thank you,
Robert Hulshof-Schmidt
President
Oregon Library Association