[Libs-Or] Library cards for homeless/those without permanent address

Zaborowski, Lindsay A. lindsay.prescott at pacificu.edu
Mon Jul 9 16:39:39 PDT 2012

Hello Kirsten,

What an interesting discussion you have sparked! I was talking it over with one of my student workers, and she suggested that you could perhaps have a 'holds' area where those people who cannot provide the information needed to get a library card can have books held for a certain amount of time, so that they can revisit the book without having to worry about another patron checking it out and removing it from the library.  That way, they can have access to the book for the normal checkout period, but it never leaves the physical library location.  I don't know how well this could work, but it seems like a way to give them most of the regular privileges while keeping account of library property.

Lindsay
Lindsay Prescott Zaborowski, MA, MSIS, '07 | Project Manager | Washington County Heritage Online
Pacific University | 2043 College Way | Forest Grove, OR 97116
p: 503.645.5353 x108 | washingtoncountymuseum.org | lindsay.prescott at pacificu.edu

Go Boxers! | 1.877.PAC.UNIV | www.pacificu.edu

Pacific University is committed to sustainability. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.