[Libs-Or] Library cards for homeless/those without permanent address

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 10:15:04 PDT 2012

Actually what happens without fines is that items get returned at the same
rate as in libraries with fines.   The down side might be that the returns
come in a bit later, it is not that the items aren't returned.  The major
up side is the reduction of stress on staff.  Yes, there has been research
done on this. I am, however, unable to point anyone to the research today
but probably could later in the week.  Oh, the research is on return rates
and not staff stress levels. That is just a comment from my personal
experience.