[Libs-Or] Looking to purchase a microfilm scanner

Buzzy Nielsen buzzy at hoodriverlibrary.org
Fri Jul 13 12:11:01 PDT 2012

We also recently purchased a ScanPro 2000 from Linco. It completely
replaced our conventional reader. I pretty much agree with Charles's
assessment, although we haven't experienced the lag in the monitor
catching up. The software interface is clunky but customizable.

On another note, even if you factor in the space for the computer
terminal, it has a much smaller physical footprint than our last reader.
Since it's connected to a computer terminal, it can also theoretically
be set to print to any printer on your network. The ability to save
snapshots of the pages directly as PDFs or JPGs has also been really
helpful when responding to email obituary inquiries, as we don't have to
mail or scan anything.

Cheers!
Buzzy Nielsen

Library Director