[Libs-Or] Looking to purchase a microfilm scanner

Dolores Knight dknight at cclsd.org
Fri Jul 13 13:05:40 PDT 2012

I'd clarify that to say 10 minutes or less for users who are already
comfortable with a mouse.  We've have an older population so it's harder
for some of them.  For advanced features there is a bit more of a
learning curve and some staff have exhibited avoidance tactics...

We do see a lag time whenever adjustments are made to the view
(brightness, contrast, focus, etc.) so we do have to warn users to wait
a few seconds to let the changes finalize. You can visibly see the
changes wash down the screen so it is easy to see how long to wait. I
assume that relates to the graphics card and memory available on the
hosting PC so your experience may vary.

I would emphasize the need to place it on a solid and level table, ours
isn't so any movement by the user or the printer can jar the scanner,
thus moving your image out of alignment.

That said, it has been very convenient to be able to email the scans to
the requesting user.

Dolores