[Libs-Or] Job posting: Children's Services Assistant
buzzy at hoodriverlibrary.org
Fri Jul 20 11:48:26 PDT 2012
We're looking for someone great to join our children's services team at
Hood River County. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Hood River County Library District
502 State St
Hood River, OR 97031
*Children's Services Assistant
Closing Date: August 10, 2012
*About Hood River County Library District*
The Hood River County Library District was created by a vote of the
citizens of Hood River County on November 2, 2010. It came following the
closure of the Hood River County Library, a department of Hood River
County, on July 1, 2010. The district reopened the county's three
libraries on July 1st, 2011.
Hood River County Library District is dedicated to promoting the
enjoyment of reading and culture, responding to the community's need for
information, and enriching quality of life for its patrons. The library
serves approximately 22,000 people, who checked out nearly 100,000 items
in 2009-10. It includes three branches: Cascade Locks, Hood River, and
Parkdale. All three libraries are crucial sources of free public
Internet access and electronic information, with over 20,000 Internet
sessions logged in 2009-10 by residents and visitors alike on the
library's computers. The Hood River branch is in a stunning Carnegie
library that was expanded in 2003. Cascade Locks and Parkdale are
located in the busy centers of their communities. The district enjoys a
very supportive Friends group, Foundation, and volunteers.
Hood River County Library District is a member of the Sage Library
System and the Libraries of Eastern Oregon. Hood River County is in the
heart of Columbia Gorge and the Mount Hood recreational area, providing
opportunity for many outdoor recreational activities including
windsurfing, kiteboarding, hiking, cycling, skiing, and much more. The
District has stable funding from a countywide special district.
For more information, please visit us online:
* Hood River County Library District - http://hoodriverlibrary.org
* Sage Library System - http://catalog.sage.eou.edu/
* Hood River County Chamber of Commerce - http://hoodriver.org/
Hood River County Library District seeks an enthusiastic individual,
preferably someone bilingual in English and Spanish, dedicated to
serving children and families in Hood River County. The Children's
Services Assistant provides services directly to patrons of all ages at
the public service desks at all three library branches, provides
programming for children and families, and promotes children's services
and programs in the community.
The individual in this position must enjoy working with people of all
ages, especially children, have excellent customer service skills, and
have the ability to learn to use integrated library system software. The
successful candidate preferably will be fluent in English and Spanish.
The position reports to the Library Director.
Job responsibilities include:
* Organizing and presenting storytime programs;
* Promoting reading and literacy outside of the library through book
talks and presentations;
* Planning programming and educating caretakers about early literacy
practices and principles;
* Providing direct service to adults and children at busy public
* Assisting the public in using computers, equipment, and electronic
This position is part-time, 25 hours per week, and includes weekend and
* High school diploma or equivalent. Associate's degree from an
accredited institution or equivalent preferred.
* One year experience working directly with children, preferably in a
* Two years experience working in customer service, preferably in a
* Any equivalent combination of education and experience satisfying
Opening salary ranges from $12.83 to $13.35/hour, depending upon
qualifications. The position also includes group medical insurance,
retirement, and vacation benefits.
*How to apply*
Please read the job description carefully and submit the following:
* A completed Hood River County Library District Application for
* Cover letter;
* Current resume.
Application packets, together with the job description, are available
from the following sources:
* Online at http://hoodriverlibrary.org/about-us/employment.html.
* Hood River Library, 502 State St, Hood River, OR 97031.
* Cascade Locks Library, 140 SW Wa-Na-Pa, Cascade Locks, OR 97014.
* Parkdale Library, 7300 Clear Creek Rd, OR 97041.
* By calling 541-387-7062 or emailing info at hoodriverlibrary.org.
Documents must be submitted in Open Document, PDF, or Microsoft Office
format. Complete application packets are due by 5.00p on Friday, August
10, 2012, to Hood River County Library District, 502 State St, Hood
River, OR 97031, info at hoodriverlibrary.org.
The Hood River County Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or