[Libs-Or] help identifying a BBC series

Ann Reed ann.reed at state.or.us
Tue Jun 5 12:22:43 PDT 2012

Ahh, I'm thinking of Poldark.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poldark

From: libs-or-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us [mailto:libs-or-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us] On Behalf Of Kyle Banerjee
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 12:19 PM
To: Hill, Cheryl
Cc: libs-or at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Subject: Re: [Libs-Or] help identifying a BBC series

This sounds like Upstairs Downstairs.

It was set at the beginning of the 20th century, and the woman was the wealthy one. But the hubby was an MP and they married over the objections of her parents. The last name (Bellamy) begins with "B" which sounds a lot like a P.

Revealing that I have any familiarity with such matters can only decimate my street cred....

kyle