[Libs-Or] Book Buzz for the Summer!

Haley Isleib haleyi at multcolib.org
Wed May 16 15:51:59 PDT 2012

Hello colleagues!

Multnomah County Library is hosting fun event to get staff ready for a
great summer of reading. And...*you're invited!* I'll enroll the first ten
people to email me <haleyi at multco.us>.

Want a heads up on what titles patrons will be asking for this
summer? Looking for suggestions for summer reading titles to share? Wonder
what upcoming books are in-house favorites for publishers and editors?
Want to have a head start in finding readalikes for titles patrons ask for?

Then our *Book Buzz for the Summer* is for you.

Join* Katie Mehan from Random House* and* Amy King Schoppert from Simon
& Schuster* as they share the titles for adults and children they see
their colleagues reading, talking about, and promoting. We'll have
handouts, fun, games, and galleys -- don't forget your pen!

*UPDATE: Special Guest appearance by Daniel Wilson, author of* *
ROBOPOCALYPSE (soon to be a Spielberg movie!) and the forthcoming AMPED.*

~hi

--
*Haley Isleib *
Reference Staff Training & Interlibrary Loan