[Libs-Or] A Special Oregon Encyclopedia History Night

Tania Hyatt-Evenson pdx05508 at pdx.edu
Mon Oct 8 10:03:47 PDT 2012

Greetings from The Oregon Encyclopedia.

Please see the attached press release from the Oregon Encyclopedia (The
OE), an on-line resource of Oregon history and culture. In partnership with
McMenamins, The OE continues its History Night series with a look back at
the people and events that have shaped our communities. Special guests and
historical images are a part of every event.

“Miss Doris, Driving: A Roaring Twenties Teen Hits the Road.”
Presented by Julia Park Tracey
Monday, October 15, 2012
7:00 pm
McMenamins Kennedy School, 5736 NE 33rd Ave., Portland
Free and open to the public
The Oregon Encyclopedia is pleased to present Julia Park Tracey, the writer
behind the Doris Diaries. It is
1925, and Doris Bailey, fifteen, has chopped off her hair, raised her
skirts, climbed out a window, and driven
off after a cute boy. True story! Tracey’s new book, *I’ve Got Some Lovin’
to Do: The Diaries of a Roaring Twenties
Teen (1925-1926)*, presents the real-life diaries of Doris Louise Bailey, a
Portland, Oregon, girl who started
writing in the Roaring Twenties.
See the attached press release for more details. For more information
please visit: www.oregonencyclopedia.org.

--
Tania Hyatt-Evenson
Community Relations and Outreach Coordinator
pdx05508 at pdx.edu