[Libs-Or] Mandatory reporting for libraries

Scott Gallagher-Starr scott.gallagherstarr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 09:43:38 PDT 2012

Mornin', y'all.  I'll chime in with a related question for higher-ed folks:
how does this interact with FERPA? I assume that any reported situation
would have a paper trail to go with it; would these be educational records
for FERPA purposes?

And an unrelated question/comment - I'm assuming this law now covers most
or all statutory rape situations.  In the extreme form, this would mean
that any time we hear any unmarried under-18 students talking about their
sex lives we need to report - yes?  Or am I moving too far away from the
intent of this law?

Thanks for your input,

Scott