[Libs-Or] Making the Election Connection [video]

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 12:03:11 PDT 2012

Here is what we can do during the election season. * Please go to the page
to see the video*.

http://networkedblogs.com/CLwNY

Making the Election Connection [video]
Posted on September 28, 2012 by Jacob Roberts

The campaign season is in full swing and it's time to think about making a
difference at the polls. Believe it or not, library leaders can legally and
ethically encourage engagement in the elections. In this session we look at
10 specific steps library leaders can take to mobilize library supporters,
including voter registration drives, learning about candidates, attending
and hosting forums and working the polls. We also provide details on what
non-profit staff, boards and volunteers are allowed to do under existing
rules. Now is the time to capture the increased interest in the political
process to promote civic participation and enhance your library's presence.

http://networkedblogs.com/CLwNY

--
*Diedre Conkling**
Lincoln County Library District

 "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude."--Maya Angelou