[Libs-Or] ACRL-OR announces scholarship winners for Menucha Fall Conference

Robin Champieux champieu at ohsu.edu
Fri Sep 28 13:19:53 PDT 2012

The ACRL-OR Scholarship Committee is pleased to announce the recipients of this year's Fall Conference scholarship winners: Jaki King and Johanna Meetz. The scholarship covers their registration, room, and board at Menucha.

Jaki is an Emporia student and first-time Menucha attendee. She writes: "Since I know I'm going to be a reference/instruction librarian I feel very strongly about becoming active within the ACRL community." Jaki plans to share her conference takeaways with coworkers and classmates via social media.

Johanna is a recent graduate of the joint Library and Information Science and Center for the Book Program at The University of Iowa. She writes that while in library school, "I regularly consulted with librarians to help them use technologies such as wikis, blogs, or reference management software. I also ran trainings for students and librarians to teach them how to use different technologies." We are pleased to welcome her to the Northwest.

Please join us in congratulating Jaki and Johanna!

Robin Champieux
Scholarly Communication Librarian
Assistant Professor
Oregon Health & Science University