[Libs-Or] OLA Quarterly Invites Proposals for Summer President's Issue

Sara Kelso sara.kelso at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 9 16:25:15 PDT 2013

OLA Quarterly President’s Issue Call for Articles:
Make it, shape it, move it, take it…creativity happens in libraries. We see patrons and employees alike jazzed up and busy working on “stuff.” Mash-ups, maker spaces, images and ideas, writing, posting, collecting evidence and crafting arguments; even our information literacy outcomes are full of creativity. Look at the creative potential in these two IL outcomes a) manipulate and manage information using appropriate tools and technologies and b) create, produce, and communicate understanding of a subject through synthesis of relevant information. We create virtually real communities, really virtual communities, and dialogue about things like, well, real and virtual communities. Self-publishing happens (and gets donated!), and never mind the librarian DIY ethos (knit much?). Whether it’s digital or dancing, library people find stuff, use stuff, and make stuff, including memories that add to a sense of library ownership. For the next issue of the OLA Quarterly we invite articles about creative happenings and how the library honors the artistic artifacts and energy.
 Please submit article proposals to: michele.burke at chemeketa.edu.
For more info on article submission deadlines and guidelines visit: http://www.olaweb.org/ola-quarterly  or contact OLA Quarterly Editor, Sara Kelso.