[Libs-Or] The Message of the Qur'an-vetting, please

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org
Thu Aug 1 15:10:17 PDT 2013

We got one two years ago and added it to our collection. Apparently Muhammad Asad's translation and commentary is considered one of the most influential Quranic translations. Asad dedicated it to "People who think," which makes it seem extra fitting as an addition to the library shelves.

It does appear that CAIR is not without controversy, but I felt comfortable adding it. I just got another one today, though, so that'll probably go to the booksale, unless someone here wants it.

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney
Library Director
Driftwood Public Library
801 SW HWY 101, #201
Lincoln City, OR 97367
(541)996-1251
kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org>>> dan cawley <librarybusiness at yahoo.com> 8/1/2013 2:53 PM >>>
The Seaside Public Library recently received an unsolicited copy of The Message of the Qur'an "translated and explained by Muhammad Asad."

This donation was sent from the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Depending upon the source, CAIR has been described as either a hate group or a bonafide educational institution.

Our Holy Koran gets "disappeared" on a regular basis.

Is The Message of the Qur'an an item we want to put on our shelf?

Have any Oregon libraries added this to their collection?

Thanks in advance,

Dan Cawley
Seaside Public Library

If this is an unsolicited spam message, please click this link to report it: Report Spam
( http://192.168.0.5:49285/contents/spamreport.shtml?rptid=196169&srvid=16q77rg)