[Libs-Or] weapons prohibited signage

Moody, Diane diane.moody at cityofalbany.net
Mon Dec 16 16:40:17 PST 2013

The Albany Public Library does have a sign saying weapons are prohibited, but I believe that the ORS prohibiting weapons in public buildings exempts those with concealed weapon permits : Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to: A person who is licensed under ORS 166.291 (Issuance of concealed handgun license)<http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.291> and 166.292 (Procedure for issuing)<http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.292> to carry a concealed handgun.

Diane Moody
Reference Librarian
Albany Public Library
diane.moody at cityofalbany.net