[Libs-Or] Mandatory Reporting Sample Policy Available

Buzzy Nielsen buzzy at hoodriverlibrary.org
Thu Jan 17 10:59:51 PST 2013

Hi Dan,

I can't speak to the legislative intent of the law, but I can say that
our legal counsel pretty clearly felt that the law applied to library
staff as written, even if it didn't specifically call us out. Special
Districts Association of Oregon, an umbrella group that supports the
district libraries in the state, believes the same. Library staff also
fall within the purview of "public official" with other state
regulations, such as the government ethics and transparency regulations.

Cheers!
Buzzy Nielsen

Library Director
Hood River County Library District