[Libs-Or] Library donor plaque or recognition?

Bob Jones Bob.Jones at milton-freewater-or.gov
Wed Jun 5 11:53:16 PDT 2013

When we built our new library building we used "Naming Rights" instead of "Buy a Brick".  Lots of people got name plates on single shelves for $100; one guy got to name the mezzanine for $100K.  We still have a few "nameless" spaces available to recognize future big donors.  If you have an office or study room which has no name, you could place a plaque on it for a large donor.

You might establish "giving levels" and have a large plaque with several levels indicated and individual name plates for donors in that category, e.g., $1,000 - $4,999, $5,000 - $9,999, $10,000 - $24,999, etc.  There could be a level named for your first library director, one named for Andrew Carnegie, one for the founder of your city, etc.

-Bob