[Libs-Or] Seeking Candidates for Public Library Division Board (Seriously... Think about it!)

Su Liudahl opalsu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 15:25:52 PDT 2013

*Greetings!*

*(Keep reading for a great opportunity to grow, serve, and get to know a
great bunch of people!)*
****
The Public Library Division (PLD) of OLA represents all public libraries in
Oregon. We offer support through the creation of standards for public
libraries and develop programs to support your continuing education. We are
currently working on a complete rewrite of the Oregon Public Library
Standards and developing resources to help our libraries meet them--it's an
exciting time to serve on the PLD Board!

We are currently seeking candidates for the 2013-2014 year. New positions
will start in September 2013. Board positions are open to public library
employees at all levels.
****
Joining the PLD Executive Board is a great way to network with public
library staff from around the state. Current board members come from the
Oregon coast, Central Oregon, the Willamette Valley, and the Portland metro
area.
****
Please contact me by June 21 if you are interested in a Board position. We
will be holding elections in late June for two director-at-large positions
(2-year terms), Secretary, and Vice Chair/Chair Elect.
****
Please specify the committee position you are interested in. You must be a
member of OLA and the Public Library Division to be considered for these
positions.

*(On a personal note, this is one of the best things I've done for myself
since becoming a Librarian. I highly recommend it!)*

* *
*~Su*
**
Su Liudahl, PLD Chair
Library Director
Creswell Library / Lane Library District
pldsu.ola at gmail.com
director.su at creswell-library.org
64 West Oregon Avenue
PO Box 366