[Libs-Or] Open this-Survey for Oregon Public Library Standards

Maureen Cole mcole at ci.oregon-city.or.us
Wed Mar 20 21:30:13 PDT 2013

Greetings Public Library Staff,

Several months ago the Board of the Public Library Division began a complete reworking of Oregon's Public Library Standards* with the help of librarians from all parts of the state. This group has had many meetings and discussions about what the Standards should do for us, what they should look like, etc.

Now we'd like your help!

Please respond to this survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QKS37KP) and tell us all about what YOU think the Standards should help us with, what they should look like, etc.

We will have a draft of the new Standards to show you next month. Your input on this survey will help make that draft stronger and more relevant to the work of public library staff across the state -- and this is not your only opportunity to tell us what you think!

We’ll be at OLA/WLA, with bells on at our own little table flagging you down to share our draft with you. Also, we’ll have our Division Business Meeting at 1:15 on Friday, April 26th. Please plan on attending and letting us know what you think of the group product to date.

There you go, everything we can think of to tell you about the Standards project so far. Discussion has been great and we want to get you in on it. Please join us in this conversation!

Thank you!

Maureen Cole and Emily-Jane Dawson
for the Public Library Division Board and Standards Committee

PS We'll leave the survey open until after the Conference, but please don't wait that long! It will help us a lot to hear from you now-thanks!

* The current Standards, for your reference, are at: http://www.olaweb.org/assets/documents/pld_standards_2010.pdf.  For those of you who are really interested in all of the thinking which has gone into the project of revising the Standards, our minutes are posted at the PLD site. http://www.olaweb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=295.