[Libs-Or] Feminist Task Force (FTF) List of ALA Council Candidates

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 12:21:47 PDT 2013

*FTF List of ALA Council Candidates*
**

This list of candidates for ALA Council is just that, *a list*. It is *NOT
an endorsement *of any candidates.

This list is based, for the most part, on the information candidates have
included in their biographical information:
http://www.ala.org/aboutala/governance/alaelection . It does not include
any information from additional websites or other lists.

People on this list included past or current membership in at least one of
these groups: ACRL W&GSS, AILA, APALA, BCALA, CALA, COWSL, GLBTRT, REFORMA,
SRRT and SRRT FTF.

Please read individuals candidate information for yourself before voting so
that you are really voting for someone you want to be serving all of us on
ALA Council.
Remember to only vote for the individuals you most want to be on ALA
Council, bullet vote. Your vote counts more if you only vote for a few
individuals instead of voting for 33 people.

Ismail Abdullahi - BCALA
Gladys Smiley Bell - BCALA, AILA, APALA
Elizabeth Jean Brumfield - BCALA
Maria Taesil Hudson Carpenter - APALA
Min Chou - CALA
Gerardo "Gary" Clomenar - SRRT, APALA
Ann Crewdson - APALA, GLBTRT, SRRT and CALA
Loida Garcia-Febo - REFORMA, AILA, APALA, BCALA, CALA
Martin L. Garner - GLBTRT
Patricia M. Hogan - Pay Equity Committee
Richard L. Huffine - GLBTRT, SRRT
Florante Peter Ibanez - SRRT, APALA, AILA, BCALA, CALA, REFORMA
Alys Jordan - BCALA
Charles E. Kratz - SRRT
Christopher James Kyauk - APALA, CALA
Nanci Milone-Hill - GLBTRT, SRRT
Carolyn V. Neal - BCALA
Lauren Pressley - COSWL, ACRL WGSS
Christina Dominguez Ramirez - REFORMA
Celise Ann Reech-Harper - GLBTRT, SRRT
Larry Romans - GLBTRT, SRRT
Rachel G. Rubin - COSWL
Erin E. Rushton - COSWL, ACRL WGSS
J. Linda Williams - GLBTRT, SRRT

Please send me any additions and corrections and I will send the list out
again. I know that it is easy to forget to include a group that is
important to you when hurriedly filling out the ALA Candidate forms.
ACRL WGSS - Women & Gender Studies Section - http://www.libr.org/wgss/
AILA - American Indian Library Association - *http://www.ailanet.org/*
APALA - Asian/Pacific American Librarians Association - *
http://www.apalaweb.org/*
BCALA - Black Caucus of the American Library Association - *
http://www.bcala.org/*
CALA - Chinese American Librarians Association - *http://www.cala-web.org/*
COSWL - Committee on the Status of Women in Librarianship - *
http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/committees/ala/ala-coswl.cfm*
Pay Equity Committee - no longer exists.  Moved to ALA-APA -
http://ala-apa.org/
GLBTRT - Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgendered Round Table - *
http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/rts/glbtrt/index.cfm*
REFORMA - The National Association to Promote Library & Information
Services to Latinos and the Spanish Speaking - *http://www.reforma.org/*
SRRT - Social Responsibilities Round Table - *http://libr.org/srrt/*
SRRT FTF - Feminist Task Force - *http://libr.org/ftf/*

--
*Diedre Conkling**
Lincoln County Library District

 "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude."--Maya Angelou