[Libs-Or] survey from Texas: "Collecting Sex Materials in Libraries"

Roberta Richards rrichard at pcc.edu
Wed May 15 14:56:32 PDT 2013

This is forwarded from our colleagues at Sam Houston State University

"Apologies for any cross-postings:

My colleague Scott Vieira and I are gathering data on librarian opinions
regarding sex materials in libraries. Our hopes for this survey titled
"Collecting
Sex Materials in Libraries" is to understand different opinions on
books/magazines/materials regardless of experience in handling them and
regardless of the type of library in which you currently work. This survey
is for children's librarians, public librarians, academic and archivists,
and everyone in between who works in (or has in the past) a library.

 Please re-post this on your blogs, Twitter, or email to other library
faculty/staff members. We would love to have your opinions and we are
planning on eventually publishing data and results. However, we need your
help in spreading the word about this survey and getting completed surveys
turned in. Whether you're pro sex materials or anti or anything in between,
we want your opinions. We understand the survey is a bit long, but we're
hoping the chance to win 1 of 4 Amazon gift cards will be the carrot to
keep you going until the end. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NZT9P79.

 If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Scott Vieira at
936-294-3743 or svieira at shsu.edu or Michelle Martinez at 936-294-1629 or
mmartinez at shsu.edu."

Sincerely,

Michelle Martinez & Scott Vieira