[Libs-Or] Book Budgets at College Libraries?

Tony Greiner tony_greiner at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 20 11:43:34 PDT 2013

I am preparing a talk I am giving at the ACRL OR/WA meeting in Pack Forest on Thursday. The topic is on how we can reduce waste and save money by identifying books that are unlikely to be read before purchasing them.
To get an idea what type of savings could be made, I need an idea of book budgets.
For example, I found that U. Washington in 2009-2010 had a Book and Serial Budget of $13.2 Million.
I don't know how much of that was devoted to books, although they purchased 40,700 titles that year.
If you are willing to send me your institution's book budget- off list if you want,  I sure would appreciate it.
If you want me to keep your institution anonymous, just let me know.
tony_greiner at hotmail.com
Thanks, Tony

**tony_greiner at hotmail.com**