[Libs-Or] How Can Talking Books Help Your Library

Elke Bruton elke.bruton at state.or.us
Wed Apr 23 08:46:54 PDT 2014

Dear Oregon Library Community,

Last week at OLA Talking Book and Braille Services asked for your input.  We asked, 'How can Talking Books help you help your print-disabled users?'

Thank you for the responses received so far!

Just so you know it isn't too late!  Please, reply to me off-list.  Tell me what you think Talking Book and Braille Services (of the Oregon State Library) can do to help you better serve people in your community who are print-disabled.  'Print-disabled' includes people who are reading or learning disabled, physically impaired, or are blind, low vision, or vision impaired.  If books in standard print don't work for them...tell us how we can help you serve them.

Thank you for your input.  Remember, reply off-list.

While I'm at it, I've attached the How To Talk About Talking Books document form.

---------------------
Elke H. Bruton, MLIS
Public Services Librarian
Talking Book and Braille Services