[Libs-Or] Assisted Listening Devices

Linda Lybecker Linda.Lybecker at hillsboro-oregon.gov
Mon Aug 18 16:15:56 PDT 2014

Hillsboro uses a portable system by Listen Technologies. The receiver will amplify sound from either a microphone or via a sound system. The person can use their own hearing device, or use one of our headsets or earpieces.  We keep the equipment on a cart, charging in a storage room, until it is needed. Then we simply roll it to whichever room needs the assistive listening support. We also have a room microphone  to pick up all voices in a small area, which is good for listening to panels and group discussions.

Linda Lybecker
City of Hillsboro, Oregon | Hillsboro Public Library