[Libs-Or] Assisted Listening Devices

Rawles, Carolyn Carolyn.Rawles at corvallisoregon.gov
Mon Aug 18 11:27:25 PDT 2014

We had a hearing loop installed in the main meeting room.   Many people with hearing aids have a switch in their device which they can activate in a place with a hearing loop. There is a standard sign outside the room which lets them know we have one.  We also have earphones for patrons to check out to access the hearing loop if they don't have that type of hearing aid although my perception is they are rarely used (good to have just in case, though).
Is there anything you can do with fabric or panels to help mitigate the sound travel, for those without hearing aids?

Carolyn

Carolyn Rawles
Library Director
Corvallis-Benton County Public Library