[Libs-Or] Call for ACRL-OR/WA Conference Proposals - "shock talks" and posters

Annie Downey adowney at reed.edu
Fri Aug 22 15:24:54 PDT 2014

Please excuse cross-postings.

You've heard of lightning talks. Well, this year at the ACRL OR/WA
Annual Joint Conference at Menucha we're bringing you shock talks -
talks that are even shorter, but still pack a punch! You'll have two
minutes and the format is up to you - no slide requirements. Just tell
us about something interesting or thought-provoking or important
or...shocking (see what we did there) relating to professional identity
and technology.

These fast, fun talks will give more people a chance to participate and
will allow many more ideas to be thrown into our two-day discussion
about professional identity and technology. Whatever part of the library
you work in - from library director to paraprofessional to library
school student - you have something to add to this discussion and we
want to hear from you!

We're also seeking poster proposals! Have you done some interesting
research in your library, created a fantastic outreach program,
developed a new technology-related service, or anything else you are
excited about and want to share? If so, submitting a poster is a great
way to share what you've been up to. Your poster can be in traditional
poster format or digital.
To submit your idea for a shock talk or a poster, please go to
https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_174842
and fill out our quick proposal form *by Friday, September 19th at
11:59pm.*  We will review all of the submissions and let you know if
you're in by Friday, October 5th.

P.S. shock talks and posters that are in some way related to the
conference theme will be given preference, but you are welcome to
propose a talk or poster on any topic your heart desires!

--
Annie Downey, PhD, MLS
Director of Research Services